PSMJ Resources offers a range of custom programs designed to help design practices achieve their highest and best performance. In Australia and New Zealand, this experience includes:
- Project management
- Practice management
- Strategic planning facilitation
- Marketing, proposal writing & presentations
- Ownership transfer & leadership development
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Risk management
- Quality management
These services are specifically tailored to meet the particular needs of the design practice, to support and enhance the programs firms already have in place.
PSMJ Executive Advisor Role
We offer a limited number of clients the opportunity to add a highly experienced senior management advisor as an “adjunct” member of their executive management team. The objective of this program is to foster a long-term, mutually beneficial relationship between you, your management team and a senior PSMJ management consultant.
There are a number of significant benefits to this type of relationship. It enables the consultant to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your firm’s business, clients and key personnel, and to stay current on important issues confronting your firm
- Provide regular and timely advice and counsel in dealing with these issues based upon a thorough understanding of your specific business situation
- Function as an effective Executive Coach and “sounding board” for you and your key managers
- Supplement a key principal role and bring a fresh outside perspective that is often missing within closely held firms.
- Act as a catalyst for the establishment of a regular senior management forum to identify, discuss and prioritizing critical issues that you and your management should address, but often don’t because of the press of daily business. Examples of these critically important but often overlooked issues are:
- Strategic direction
- Service area and/or geographic expansion
- Ownership transition and succession planning
- Competitive positioning, pricing practices
- Firm governance
- Opportunities for operations/profitability enhancement
The result is the addition of a very senior management resource that you can call upon throughout the year for advice tailored to your firm’s individual needs, at a fraction of the cost of adding another full-time senior executive.